Check back each month for our featured recipes.
Want more recipes? Click on one of our recipe books below.
[[ recipeID=recipe-7keinzbca, title=Energy Bites ]]
[[ recipeID=recipe-7keeb5jwb, title=Pumpkin Apple Muffins ]]
Recipe book using Pancake & Cookie Mix click here
Recipe Book using All-Purpose Flour click here
Recipe book using Gold and Brown Ground Flax click here
Flax: a user's guide for high fiber recipes click here
Back to School Special
Servings: 15 each
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 0 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Combine all dry ingredients in a food processor. Pulse to chop.
- Add honey and water. Pulse to Blend.
- Using a number 24 scoop (about 3 Tbsp) scoop into 15 balls.
- Place the selected dusting in a bowl with sugar and roll to finish.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and refrigerate overnight or freeze for a couple of hours until set.
Pumpkin Apple Muffins
Servings: 12 large muffins
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 1 hours 0 mins
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Lightly oil 12 non-stick muffin tins or 30 mini muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the Valley Kitchen all purpose flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Mix to blend.
- Add the oil, eggs, pumpkin and chopped apple.
- Mix for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter ingredients are well blended. You can mix by hand or by counter top mixer. We prefer the mixer as this method cuts the apples into smaller pieces and blend the bits throughout the batter more evenly.
- Using a scoop, fill each muffin cup level full.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 to 27 minutes; minis bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool and top with a sprinkling of icing sugar. A subtle reminder that winter is coming soon!
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 12g||18%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5%|
|Trans Fat g|
|Total Carbohydrate 32g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs: